Skip to main content

Accommodations and Services

Are there any sleeping rooms with disabled access? Yes, our facilities are ADA compliant. Please contact your sales coordinator to request a wheelchair-accessible room or other disability-related living accommodations.

Are sleeping rooms and meeting rooms air-conditioned? No, our mild climate and morning fog keep Berkeley comfortable throughout the summer, except for just a few days a year.

Can special dietary needs be accommodated? Yes, the residence hall dining facilities provide a variety of meal options, including vegetarian and vegan selections. Our sales coordinator can connect you with the Dining dietitian to discuss.

Are there internet connections in the sleeping rooms? Yes, UC Berkeley provides complimentary wireless internet for guests on campus. When searching for a wireless network, select CalVisitor to get online. This service is available in all rooms and buildings across campus. 

Is parking available? Yes, parking is available in select lots near housing locations. Please consult with your sales coordinator.

Do you have catering? Yes, catering and beverage services are available. Please consult with your sales coordinator for detailed menus.

Can we serve alcohol at our event? Yes, alcoholic beverages may be served on University premises with adequate notice and campus approval. Please consult with your sales coordinator for more details.


What type of conferences most use UC Berkeley residence halls? A variety of conferences use our facilities. Leadership and professional conferences, educational and academic programs, academic youth groups, sports camps, scientific groups, learned societies, language programs, associations, and more. Our facilities host a variety of groups from around the world who come to UC Berkeley to exchange ideas and learn.

Is conference housing available during the academic year? No, accommodations are only available during the summer, typically from the end of May through the first week of August. 

What size groups can be accommodated? We can accommodate groups of 10 to 3,000 people.

Do I need to be campus-affiliated? No, you do not need to have a campus affiliation.

Do I need insurance? Yes, you will need to provide a Certificate of Insurance. Please talk with your sales coordinator for current requirements.

Reservations and Payment 

What happens after the site visit? After a site visit, we create a contract from the discussed details for your review. To reserve your date, you will need to sign our Terms & Conditions and send it to us with your scheduled deposit.

When do I need to commit to a date and room? It is best to commit to a date and room as soon as you are ready to move forward.

When should I make my payment? We require a deposit of $75 per person to secure your reservation for housing. Your pre-payment is due with your Housing List, two weeks prior to the start of your program.

What forms of payment do you accept? Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express) and checks. For on-campus customers, you can pay with credit cards, checks, or a campus billing chart-string number.

What if I need to cancel my reservation? You may cancel your reservation, however, there are associated cancellation fees. Please speak with your sales coordinator for details.


How do I get to UC Berkeley and the residential facilities? Please refer to the UC Berkeley Visitor Center for driving directions or information about public transportation or view the UC Berkeley campus map.