Conference Arrival Date: __________
Check off each item below as they are completed:
12+ Months in Advance
- Determine a practical budget for the type of conference you would like to plan.
- Set preferred and optional conference dates.
- Realistically determine how many participants you anticipate and how many will need housing. Keep in mind, overestimating these numbers could become very costly.
- Ascertain the number of meeting rooms and what sizes you will need. Include all breakouts and catered functions.
- Submit your inquiry to Berkeley Events and Conferences.
6-12 Months in Advance
- Provide all appropriate billing and contact information.
- Schedule a site visit with your coordinator.
- Review our Terms & Conditions.
- Submit deposit payment 2 weeks after deposit invoice received.
- Submit Signed Contract 2 weeks after contract received.
- Provide a copy of conference marketing materials to your coordinator.
2-3 Months in Advance
- Discuss catering/special meal needs with your coordinator.
- Submit Major Event Policy Form, if applicable.
- Provide a preliminary program schedule.
- Send correspondence to your guests, speakers, and staff about any parking needs they may have.
- Send correspondence to your guests, speakers, and staff about any dietary restrictions they may have. Please communicate this information to your coordinator.
- Start thinking about the audio visual equipment you’ll need. Include the needs of any guest speakers and/or exhibitors at your event.
30 Days in Advance
- Submit catering/special meal requests and menus.
- Provide finalized meeting space setup needs, including diagrams.
- Communicate all parking needs to your coordinator.
- Submit all audio visual requests (unless you’re bringing your own equipment).
- Determine a date for the pre-conference briefing with your coordinator. This briefing will occur after the Housing and Rooming Lists have been submitted, but before the group move-in date.
- Submit a Certificate of Insurance to your coordinator.
- Confirm housing check-in and check-out times and locations with your coordinator.
2 Weeks in Advance
- Submit your Housing and Rooming Lists.
- Final accommodations pre-payment due. Prepayment charges are based on the number of people on the Housing List, or 80% of your final contracted number of people (whichever is greater) multiplied by the accommodations package rates, less the deposit.
- Include Early Arrivals and/or Late Departures on your Housing and Rooming Lists.
- Provide final list of commuting guests that will need Commuter meal cards. This number can increase, based on availability, but it cannot decrease.
- Provide accurate count of single-use guest meal cards for the duration of your conference. Please consider how many meals you will be providing for each of your non-resident guests.
- Provide your coordinator with a final conference itinerary.
- Submit all Berkeley Catering To-Go orders to your coordinator.
4 Days in Advance
Limited additions and deletions to the Housing List can be made 3 days prior to move-in. To avoid No Show charges, all cancellations must be communicated to your coordinator.
Conference Departure Date: ___________
*Full payment of the conference account is due approximately 3 weeks after you receive your final bill.